At present, Principal Advisor in DG AGRI
- From 1 February 2017 to 3 July 2019, Head of Cabinet of the President of the European Parliament, Antonio Tajani.
- From 16 July 2014 – 31 January 2017, Director of Multilateral Relations and Quality Policy in DG AGRI, European Commission in charge of organic farming, geographical indications, promotion of agrifood products and World Trade Organisation.
- From 1 of March 2012 to 15 July 2014, Head of Cabinet of Antonio Tajani, Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for Industry and Entrepreneurship.
- 2008, Deputy Head of the Cabinet of Antonio Tajani, Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for Transport and, from 2009, for Industry and Entrepreneurship.
- Chairman of the Selection Board of Open Competitions EPSO AD 46/47/06 Administrators (AD 5) of Romanian and Bulgarian citizenship in the field of Law (2700 applicants).
- Agent for the Council in 60 Cases before the European Court of Justice and the Court of First Instance in Luxembourg.
- Since October 2003 Principal Administrator in the Legal Service of the Council in the sector of external relations including the generalised scheme of preferences and since October 2007 in charge of Enlargement, Energy, Consumer Protection and Public Health.
- 1999 - 2003, Detached to the Cabinet of Vice-President Loyola de Palacio in the European Commission as legal advisor (Transport, Energy and European Parliament), in charge notably of State aid cases (Ryanair, Sabena, Alitalia, the post 11 September Cases etc.) and Competition, infringement proceedings against the Member States in the field of transport and energy, relations with the Ombudsman, follow-up of the co-decision procedure.
- 1994 - 1999, Principal Administrator in the Legal Service of the Council, first in charge of institutional and staff matters and then from January 1996 assistant to the Director- General of the Council Legal Service, following notably Coreper II work and the IGC which lead to the Amsterdam Treaty.
- 1991 - 1994, Administrator in the General Secretariat of the Council (DG G Social Policy).
- Since September 1991 Community official in Brussels.
- 1989 - 1991, Lawyer in Arthur Andersen, Madrid (Spain) dealing notably with international taxation and company law.
- 1988 - 1989, Assistant Professor on Public International Law, University of Oviedo (Spain) Author of several publications in European affairs.
- Mr Canga Fano has been awarded by the Chilean Government the title of Officer of the Order of Bernardo O'Higgins, from the Spanish Government the title of Officer of the Order of Queen Isabel la Católica, from the Italian Government the title of Officer Order of Merit of the Italian Republic, from the Asturias Government the Silver Medal of the Principality of Asturias and is the honorary president of the non-profit association Compromiso Asturias XXI.
- December 2012 - April 2015, Member of the Advisory Board of the President of Asturias.
- September 2014 - July 2015, Diploma on Organic Farming, Spanish National Distance Learning University.
- July 2015, Leadership Decision Making, Harvard Kennedy School.